Saturday, March 14, 2009


WHY I AM RUNNING FOR THE SCHOOL BOARD

I feel that, because of my unique qualifications, I am in a position to help Phoenixville Area School District to move forward. The qualities that I bring to the table are: common sense, integrity, organizational skills, knowledge of the community, a vested interest by having three grandchildren in the district, an ability to see the big picture, asks questions and demands answers, fiscally minded, and have the time and willingness to devote to the district.

As our children are our future, I feel that it is so important that each child can have an opportunity to learn and be able to apply that knowledge to life situations. We should be concerned that our children are developing analytical thinking, creativity, and the ability to communicate clearly.

As a coach, I know the importance of insisting that fundamentals be taught and then built upon as the skills of the player improve. This is also true in education. We must be sure that our students are fundamentally sound and then help them to be the best that they can be and be prepared to take their places in the community and the would at large.

1 comment:

  1. I have known Betsy for 15 years and I enthusiastically endorse her for school board. Betsy has taught my four sons in early morning religion classes and on sunday. I know Betsy to be knowledgeable, honest and caring. Her leadership will bring sound guidance and accountablity, and enable our students to receive a quality education.
    Kevin Cook

    ReplyDelete

Followers